Saturday, June 1, 2013

SERVICE vs SACRIFICE

SERVICE vs SACRIFICE


Interlocutor: Yesterday we were talking about the difference between Service and sacrifice, and I think that both of them are commendable. I’ll mention specifically a case in which a person sacrificed part of his personal life, giving up her personal love, in order to be useful to other beings in her environment. In my opinion it's a remarkable case.
Jorge Olguin: In my humble opinion, I highlight Service from a person to another fellowman; however, if the act itself brings suffering to the person who provides service, it would be like building a castle of Light on a foundation of darkness.
Interlocutor: Perhaps our viewpoints are somewhat different on the physical plane. And here is the issue; In the case of the person I talked about she cut off her emotional relationship before it deepens more, because she knew that later on the break-up would be more painful for both of them. She was afraid that she could not do it afterwards. She put on the balance the feelings of personal love and her duty toward her relatives, and she simply chose Service. Isn’t that a noble cause? Johnakan Ur-El always said many times: "You have to choose when you cannot save all" ... She followed this postulate. I cannot conclude with this opinion that the reasons of this person were like an iceberg, you can only see the 10% of the surface, but the 90% is hidden below the water surface.
Jorge Olguin: I remark the sentence you said when that person broke up her emotional relationship before it gets stronger, because she knew that later on a rupture would be more painful for both. Perhaps she was afraid that she couldn’t break up that bond so that she put on the balance the feelings of personal love and her duty to her relatives, and she simply chose Service as if it were a sacrifice. Is that a noble gesture? Johnakan always said, and you said it many times: "You have to choose when you cannot save them all." She followed this postulate.
I will answer you: Here there are misconceptions... because she did not choose Service, but she chose the sacrifice... and both concepts are different. Service is noble, sacrifice is silly. And I say this from my experience as a therapist on Ego issues. You insist that she opted for Service, which is something wrong.
Furthermore, I say to you that Love does not have to prevent your duties to your relatives, for true love does not hinder, but supports and bolsters relationships. If Johnakan ever said: "You have to choose when you cannot save everyone" it does not apply on this case... because if the personal love of these people is genuine, being related kindred people she wouldn’t be another person who is drowning, but another lifeguard that provides support to her "rescue."
I'm speaking from the impersonal Love, if she already has a previous concept, it wouldn’t matter if she takes another decision. Because that’s not manipulative.
But remember what I said before: "You cannot build a castle of Light on a foundation of darkness". She maybe was at that moment a psychological hostage and she became (unconsciously) an accomplice of those who were absorbing her through manipulation.
If her Thetan or Higher-Self is in a plane of Light it will not descend, because her point of view is commendable, but she is wrong confusing Service with sacrifice. Remember my words well: "If impersonal Love, instead of supporting personal love, it blocks it, the balance is broken." And finally, the sacrifice is not noble, but absurd... only Service is noble.
Interlocutor: I would accept your words if there were a way to draw a line between sacrifice and Service. Only the Absolute Eon (or perhaps not even Him) could establish a line. And so between Service and sacrifice there is a huge gray area where one can say one thing and the other could have a different opinion and both positions would be valid. It would be like trying to determine if something is blue or green, when the color is not defined so clearly as blue or green. Then, the only way to determine through comparison would be to compare it with other blue or green. You get the idea? With regard to this person, obviously I thought without having all the facts. And do not forget that there are engrams in between, which would be "arbitrary".
Jorge Olguin: I understand your point of view, but I emphasize that there is a dividing line between Service and sacrifice. And I will give you an example: Once a young mother came to my office and she believed in the "Divine Justice or Divine punishment" and I asked her:
- How old is your son?
-He’s four years old
- And if your child accidentally broke a bottle of expensive whisky... Would you give him a spanking?
- No, of course not! My son is more valuable than any liquor!
- Well... then, if God is infinitely more lovely than you are... and you did not punish your child ... Why would you think that God himself would punish you?
God (Eon) wants the best for all of us. God doesn’t ask for sacrifices, God doesn’t want to see us suffering. Then, the young mother asked me again:
- Then, How can we be thankful with the Love that God gives us?
- By loving our fellowmen through Service, but also taking care of ourselves. That is the true Service.
I will tell you how the dictionary defines both terms:
Service: An act of helpful activity; help; aid. An act of assistance or benefit; in a favor of a fellowman: To do someone a service.
Sacrifice: A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause. The destruction or surrender of something for the sake of something else.
Notice that in the definition of Service there is nothing you give up... Because it is not necessary!
Interlocutor: I Think that dictionary definitions are brief and they do not define what is implicit. And it is implied that if you do service UNAVOIDABLY you're giving up something. Either you are wasting money or you are wasting your time in mediumship sessions.
Jorge Olguin: I leave it clear that my answers are not to manipulate the topic, but to explain my way of thinking; I humbly believe that this debate is going to be helpful to those people who read this article.
It’s not the same an implicit loss compared to if I do another task, like resting or enjoying my time doing other activities. We are talking about doing Service by giving up your life after something... and even more knowing that you can provide such assistance without giving up or losing something. I still believe that sacrifice is sterile and that the true Service does not require something to give up to.
God loves us all and we will respond to that love through Service, but if we do it by sacrificing our lives, we are betraying that Love, because we would be hurting ourselves... and that is karmic. Or in the spiritual laws is not as reprehensible murder and suicide? Therefore, you create bad karma, either hurting other people or hurting yourself. This is clear enough.
Interlocutor: Service is useless without giving up. If I give alms to poor people of what I have left, what value there is on that? Giving value is precisely when it is implied that you are giving up something. Did you ever think that the Creator himself is limited with the Big Bang and the Big Crunch? Isn’t the example of the Absolute the best example of service and sacrifice at the same time?
Jorge Olguin: I humbly believe that your concept is wrong, because God loves us all and he only asks us to be happy through the service, you provide to your fellowmen and not through loss or giving up something. And if I stop seeing an entertainment program to write these lines that may be helpful to others, I'm not giving up anything, because I’m doing it with enjoyment... because that is what Service means: Enjoyment. And that's what the Masters of Light conveyed to us long ago.
A long time ago, I went to meeting with a group of therapists and religious people and I asked them what were their thoughts about Heaven... and many of them answered it automatically what they had learned: That Heaven or Paradise was a place of happiness and resting where one receives the reward of being good in this life. -I replied that their concept was wrong.-
All the Masters of Light of the 5th plane are still working even more when they disembody than here on Earth... and they asked me:
- Then... What is the reward? – There is no reward - I answered - at least not the one that you all are expecting.
The real reward does not men to rest eternally after performing a well done duty on Earth, because that would mean that you have not have learned anything. The reward is to enjoy Service to the other people who live in sorrow.
And I told them that there were Masters of Light who even chose to reincarnate to keep providing Service on the physical plane.
- And to suffer again? - They replied-.
-The thing is that the beings of Light do not take Service as a punishment or as an obligation... these Masters of Light take it as enjoyment, when they see happiness in the eyes of those people who have received the favor. And in that way these Masters of Light give back all the Love they have received from the creator (Eon)
- And then ... Why do people suffer? – they asked me again-
-Due to the roles of Ego, the ballast that generates so much prominence. If we integrate the EGO, we stop thinking about us to turn our attention to the others... and we start being helpful without obstacles. However, if by providing assistance to our neighbors causes us harm instead of joy, the balance is broken, because Service means happiness, not suffering.
As for your example that sacrifice is given by the Creator to merge into the Big Crunch. That is a fallacy! ... For He is beyond the Big Bang and the Big Crunch. He IS the Big Bang and the Big Crunch!
In addition, Love IS NOT sacrifice, but enjoyment. All that causes suffering IS NOT Love, except the misfortune that causes us unhappiness of others, due to empathy. That misfortune is valid, since it’s produced by the empathetic feeling when noticing that others suffer... misfortune is not valid when giving up; that will never produce a fruit as valuable as Service.
Interlocutor: Let me see if I understood: You accept as logical that all Service implies a certain renunciation. And this is fine. However, what is not fine is to serve in the most sacrificed way unnecessarily. I give you an example: I have twenty dollars; I give ten dollars to a homeless person. And this is fine. But what is not good is giving the twenty dollars and walk 20 miles to my house suffering with blistered feet for my service that supposedly was more valuable... Am I right?
Jorge Olguin: That is correct! Because for me to give ten dollars is joy and not a sacrifice... but if I give ALL my money to a beggar and because of that, I have to walk or my family does not have food, my service was not useful at all.
Interlocutor: In short, God does not want a Service in the most sacrificed way possible, but Service in the least sacrificed way possible. And that does not undermine the work itself.
My service is based on giving, which is Love in action. My sacrifice will not add anything positive to this work. Instead, It will create unnecessary pain.
Jorge Olguin: I think that this is the perfect conclusion to this matter. The real Service, which is done with Love, brings enjoyment to your life and, on the other hand, sacrifice brings self-imposed suffering through loss or giving up something, which implicitly brings unhappiness to the person who is planning to serve mistakenly and this could be costly and not easy to cope in our daily lives.
Interlocutor: On this issue one has to talk about is the useless sacrifice, because it’s not worth it. I do not know if it will be a good example, but I remember the religious people who flog themselves, believing that their sacrifice will be pleasant in the eyes of their god because they will be paying for their alleged sins.
Jorge Olguin: Yes, I know that in the Philippines, at Easter, religious devotees flog and crucify themselves "to please God". It is believed as a practice to cleanse sins. It would be as if I were pleased that my daughters were slashed... This is totally absurd and it was implanted by dogmatic and sickly doctrines.
Our Father God wants the best for us and that is only achieved through Service. The knowledge that we can be useful to others without any sterile sacrifice brings us happiness.
Interlocutor: And in my particular case, I'm thinking of the joy that I would feel if, for example, one of my grandchildren needed an organ and I could give it to him...
Jorge: Excellent definition! Because you would be doing it with Love, not with renunciation!